Focus on your ride, not your sore spots!
Nothing is more annoying than saddle discomfort, sore knees, an achy neck, or numb hands. Let our BikeFit® Canada Certified Physiotherapist help get you comfortable and more efficient for your next commute, ride, or race.
What is BikeFit®?
- BikeFit® is a system designed to ensure that a cyclist’s body dimensions and mechanics are matched/fitted to that of their bike to achieve maximum comfort and cycling efficiency
Why Choose Us?
- You’ll be fitted to your own bike that you bring into the clinic! – we’ll do everything for you vs providing you with a list of adjustments to figure out on your own at home
- Fittings are performed by Evan Thomas, our BikeFit® Canada Certified Physiotherapist, which means you can also use your health benefits plan (e.g. Blue Cross, Manulife, Sunlife, etc)
- A short interview to gather information about a rider’s health, cycling history, currently cycling volume, and cycling goals
- Visual and/or video analysis to get a sense of the rider’s current cycling posture and position
- Joint angle measurements at the elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee to direct what changes need to be made
- Adjustments to the saddle height and fore/aft/tilt, stem length, handlebar drop/rotation, and hood position (as required)
- A side/lateral view pedal stroke evaluation and measurement to determine if fore/aft cleat adjustments are needed
- A frontal view pedal stroke evaluation and observation of knee, hip, and ankle motion to determine if medial/lateral and/or rotational cleat adjustments are required – wedges and pedal spacers may be added
- Bike measurements are completed at the end so you have a spec sheet which you can refer to if needed at a later time
What Types of Bikes do we Fit?
- Triathlon/Time Trial
- E-Bikes (except for those with the power cable entering the rear hub trough the axle, sorry!)
Who’s it For?
- BikeFit® is suitable for all ages and abilities 😃 – from weekend warriors and commuters to racers and superhero cyclists!